13 January 2014

52 Ancestors: #2 Thomas Raymond Coughlin

I figured since I started out with my mother in the "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge" issued by Amy Johnson Crow of No Story Too Small, I would follow up with my father, Thomas Raymond Coughlin (1944-1998).

"Tom", "Tommy" or "Dad" was the 5th child and second son of David Francis Coughlin (1909-1984) and Constance Hall (1908-1946) born in Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts while my grandfather and several of his brothers were working there during World War II. After my grandmother's death, the family moved back to Jay, Essex County, New York.  My grandfather remarried in 1947 to Helen Marguerite Torrance (1910-1995).

My father loved working on cars.  As long as I can remember, he was always working on cars. But since my first car was one of his rescues, I can't complain! I blogged about it in one of my very first blog posts, Cars-52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History.

Here's Dad working on my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda in May 1987 along with Mom's dog, Tippy.  Tippy could be a topic for another blog post!!




1 comment: